If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Georgia.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Monday, January 11, 2010

Food Shortage

I don't know how many of you have seen this:

Government cover-up of food shortage feared
Reports show demand growing, production declines estimated at 30%
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=121378 If you haven't read it it might be wise to do so.

Not only is it wise to grow your own food, or even a portion of what you eat, but at some time it may very well mean the differance in you continueing a free way of life or one of government handouts. I, for one, don't intend to stand in line while armed troops watch my every move just to get food. Even in this cold snap we're having, food can be grown. Convert a storage shed to a "green house", add light and a small heater for climate control. Where there is a will there is a way.

I got a book for Christmas. "How to Survive the end of the world as we know it" by James Wesley, Rawles also the founder of SurvivalBlog.com. It's a good book and has alot of useful info, BUT, I disagree with his accessment of what a person needs to survive. Granted it would be nice to have all of what he say's you'll need but you would also have to win the lottery to buy it all. The "average person" can't prepare that well.

People have "gotten by" with alot less. I subscribe to the K.I.S.S. principal (keep it simple stupid) I believe if you have shelter, water, food and weapons you can "buy" enough time to build on what you need to get by until it gets better (for you) by having these, you'll have more time to prepare for the long haul. Also, alot of People are "loners", I am for the most part. I am also smart enough to know I can't do it alone with a family to worry about. I have developed a group to help with this. Don't rush on picking People to share your "location" with. Living in close quarters you want to make sure you can count on the others to pull their weight. To me, Lazy equals dis-honesty. Your life, your family and others may depend on this...

No comments:

Georgia Prepper sNetwork Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Georgia Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.